Friday, July 15, 2011

Jedward - Bad Behaviour

Because my friends talk about the Illuminati all the time (they swear it exists), I can't help but notice the "A" in "Jedward" is replaced with a triangle. Maybe that explains their bad behaviour?
I don't care what anyone says—this song is amazing.

Introducing: Jedward. These Irish twins first appeared on the UK version of The X Factor in 2009, as "John & Edward". (If you can't tell, I love The X Factor, and I can't wait for the USA series premiere later this year!) While their performances were not necessarily my favorites, there was something about their stage presence that made me want to watch video… after video… after video of their performances. Like Cher Lloyd from before, they did not win their series, but still ended up with a record deal. (Because apparently you do not have to actually win singing competitions to get a record deal nowadays—you just have to not lose.) With The X Factor over, "John & Edward" officially rebranded themselves as "Jedward", and they recorded their first single, a mash-up cover of Queen's "Under Pressure" and Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby". (Oh, yes they did!)

I first learned about Jedward a couple-ish weeks ago, when they were the subject of a worldwide trending topic on Twitter. Their new single, "Bad Behaviour" had just been released, and their fans were tweeting nonstop about their love for the song. Of course their tweets piqued my interests, so I found a link to the song's music video and started watching.

And… just… YES!

The song is so fun! It's basically these nineteen-year-old twins with carefree attitudes doing whatever they want to do ("So tell me t-tell me tell me why-why should I stop?/ If we're having fun we'll do it till we drop!"), over the type of Radio Disney-like sound that has this mysterious power to attract young and old people alike (similar to Miley Cyrus's "See You Again, or Selena Gomez & The Scene's "Naturally"). Imagine 1990s Backstreet Boys updated to sound more like Ke$ha's "Blow" (with an extra sprinkle of awesomeness), and that's what "Bad Behaviour" sounds like.

And the video captures Jedward's personality so well! From the dancing around in underwear to the ridiculous outfits, Jedward took the camp style to a whole other level. Even the small Home Alone reference was pretty over-the-top, if only because a set of twins did the gesture. The song/video combo is flawless, and Jedward did a wonderful job with this one. "Bad Behaviour" will be on repeat on my iPod, and it might even reach my Top 40 Most Played Songs playlist in the near future!

Watch the video below, and let's go party on Planet Jedward (or at least in their sweet house)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

*insert comment here*