Monday, June 13, 2011

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)

Kathy Beth Terry (Katy's "Sasha Fierce") and her beautiful beautiness grace the single cover.
Man, I love this woman.

I remember my first play of Katy Perry's Teenage Dream CD. When "Last Friday Night" came on, I literally jumped off my bed and busted out some moves from beginning to end. After the song finished, I found myself in a tight spot. I really wanted to put the song on repeat, but I also wanted to listen to the rest of the album. (Mind you, "LFN" is only the second song on the album, after the current single at the time, "Teenage Dream".) Should I listen to the rest of the album while having "LFN" subconsciously playing in the back of my head, or should I put that sucker on repeat and have a full album listening party later?

Ya darn tootin' I put that listening party off for later! I jammed to "LFN" for the rest of the night. (Unfortunately, it wasn't a Friday.) It was a wonderful workout session.

"LFN" is an addictive song of debauchery that makes you want to reconsider if you've actually been to the best party ever. From the ridiculous scenarios that Perry describes (Barbies on the barbecue? Chandeliers on the floor?), to the crowd chanting of "T-G-I-F!", and even to the saxophone break near the end (and yes, Katy Perry DID do it first), "LFN" joins the ranks of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" and Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" as yet another song that can be summarized in one simple sentence: Party hard. (Thank goodness I like to party hard, myself!)

And if the song itself wasn't enough, her video for "LFN" complements the single so perfectly that I had to watch it at least ten times once it came out. The colors! The throwback look! The actors (Rebecca Black looks amazing, might I add)! Everything about this video perfectly captures the feeling of this feel-good number, and the video couldn't get any better than this. I had a feeling this video would deliver the moment I saw Perry's tweet that her "Sasha Fierce" has been born—and let me tell you, it MOST DEFINITELY delivered.

But if you don't believe me, just watch the video below and see for yourself. And... um... if you're gonna have a party like this, could you... um... send me an invitation in the mail? ... Or an e-vite? ... Or a tweet-vite?

... Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

*insert comment here*